Members of the Owen Sound Police Drug Unit and Criminal Investigation Branch seized a variety of drugs with a street value in excess of $8400.00 and a prohibited weapon during an early morning search warrant. Two men were charged with numerous offences.
At approximately 12:15am on June 19 th , 2018 a search warrant was executed at a residence located in the downtown area of Owen Sound. The residence was suspected of being involved in the trafficking of Fentanyl and Heroin. The occupant of the residence and another male were taken into custody. Located on the arrested males and inside the residence was $3200.00 worth of Fentanyl, $5200.00 worth of Heroin and a small quantity of Cannabis and Cannabis Resin.
Additionally, Detectives located a “flick knife” which is considered a prohibited weapon.
A 53 year old Owen Sound male has been charged with;
1) Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl
2) Possession for the purpose of trafficking Heroin
3) Possession of Cannabis
4) Possession of Cannabis Resin
5) Possession of a prohibited weapon
6) Possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order
6) Possession of proceeds of crime
A 42 year old Hamilton male has been charged with;
1) Possession for the purpose of trafficking Heroin
2) Possession of proceeds of crime
Both men were held in custody pending a bail hearing scheduled for today.