(BOSANQUET TWP, ON) - On July 20, 2018 at approximately 9:00 p.m., the Lambton Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a R.I.D.E. check within Bosanquet Township. It was at this time a motor vehicle was observed approaching the R.I.D.E. check at which time it made an obvious attempt to avoid same. The OPP stopped the motor vehicle in attempt to establish the driver's sobriety.
Subsequent investigation revealed that the driver was a disqualified driver at which point he was arrested. As a result of the arrest the OPP discovered drug and weapons related offences.
Scott William ANDERSON, 50-years-of-age of Bosanquet Township was arrested for the alleged offences of:
1) Drive disqualified (4 counts)
2) Possession of a narcotic for the purpose of trafficking
3) Possession of a narcotic (2 counts)
4) Possess of a firearm while prohibited (replica)
5) Possession of forged documents
He was held in custody pending a bail hearing scheduled for today at the Sarnia Court House.