(CENTRAL HURON, ON) - A Clinton resident has succumbed to his injuries over the weekend following an accident that took place at his home on Friday, August 31, 2018.
At approximately 6:29 p.m. Huron County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Central Huron Fire Department and Huron County Paramedic Services responded to a residence on Ontario Street after learning a male had been injured while attempting to light an outdoor chiminea.
Investigation revealed the victim's gas can accidentally ignited and exploded causing what later proved to be fatal injuries to the male.
The victim was transported from the scene to a local hospital and was later airlifted to hospital in Toronto.
The deceased later died in hospital on Saturday, September 1, 2018.
The deceased has been identified as Brian MILLER, 66 years of age from Clinton, ON.