(MALAHIDE, ON) - The Elgin and Middlesex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to numerous thefts from vehicle and break and enters to out buildings between September 15 and 18, 2018. Addresses in Avon Ontario and surrounding area were targeted.
The majority of the thefts came from unlocked vehicles and sheds on properties.
On September 18, 2018 Oxford County OPP responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle in the area of Erie Court in Tillsonburg Ontario.
Police were able to locate a vehicle and a lone male. As a result of investigation to date police have arrested and charged 34-year-old Dustin GALLAGHER of London Ontario with:
- Possession of a scheduled I substance: Methamphetamine contrary to section 4 (1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- are or control of a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs contrary to section 253(1) (a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of break in instruments contrary to section 351(1) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to comply with probation order contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code X3
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 contrary to section 355(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
The Oxford County Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) is continuing the investigation. More charges are pending the completion of the investigation.
Anyone involved in similar incidents from the 15 - 18 September 2018 in the Avon Ontario area are asked to contact Detective Constable Bulbrook at 519-688-6540. Numerous items of property have been recovered.
Should you have more information about these incidents please contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or submit an online tip at www.londoncrimestoppers.com, where you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.